Stuffed Cabbage Stew
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 5 Min
Our Stuffed Cabbage Stew is a classic old-world main dish using a shortcut that fits today's busy lifestyle. It's super easy to make and perfect for dinner any night of the week!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, not drained
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded (about 12 cups)
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, 1/4 cup water, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Form mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- In another medium bowl, combine tomatoes, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt, and remaining water; mix well.
- In a soup pot, place half the shredded cabbage. Add meatballs and half the tomato mixture. Top with remaining cabbage and remaining tomato mixture. Do not stir!
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes. Stir gently, being careful not to break up meatballs. Simmer an additional 40 minutes, or until cabbage is soft, stirring halfway through.
Source: Mr. Food
Rhonda in MO
Ask me about my groups :-)
Posted by: Rhonda Allison-Gray <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*