One-Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl
Enjoy a Mexican favourite without the mess! Each bite is bursting with delicious burrito flavour.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can (540ml) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 uncooked chicken breasts, chopped into one-inch pieces
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- Add vegetable oil to a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, tomatoes, red pepper, yellow pepper, salt and pepper. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring often.
- Add tomato paste and taco seasoning. Cook an additional minute, stirring often.
- Add chicken, pinto beans, rice and water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and cilantro and serve hot.
Posted by: Rhonda Allison-Gray <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|