More recipes from Rachael Ray Magazine……..this one Nov. 2007. I have another PT again today. I was a bit sore yesterday from the first one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
79º here today later, but more thunderstorms!
Knocks 'n' Brats Stoup
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 minutes
· 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
· 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for buttering toast
· 2 16 ounce packages shredded hash brown potatoes
· 1 onion, thinly sliced
· Salt and pepper
· 1 1 lb. package shredded cabbage
· 1 10 ounce package shredded carrots
· 1 bay leaf
· 1 bottle beer
· Fresh dill, chopped (a generous handful)
· Flat-leaf parsley, chopped (a generous handful)
· 1 teaspoon caraway seeds (optional)
· 1 32 ounce container (4 cups) chicken broth
· 1/4 cup spicy brown or grainy mustard
· 3 knockwurst sausages
· 3 bratwurst sausages
· 4 slices pumpernickel or rye bread
1. In a soup pot, heat 1 tablespoon EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, and the 2 tablespoons butter over medium to medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and onion, season with salt and pepper and cook for 7 minutes. Add the cabbage, carrots and bay leaf and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the beer, dill, parsley and caraway seeds and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the chicken broth and mustard, bring to a simmer, then lower the heat and keep warm.
2. In a large skillet, combine the knockwurst, bratwurst and remaining 1 tablespoon EVOO with enough water to fill the skillet by 1/4 inch. Cook over medium-high heat until the liquid evaporates and the sausages brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Cut the sausages into 2-inch chunks.
3. Toast the bread, then lightly butter and cut into strips.
4. Top the stoup with the knockwurst and bratwurst. Serve with the toasts.
As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.
Appreciate what you have.
Be thankful and stop complaining.
Live more, complain less.
Have more smiles, less stress.
|This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast. www.avast.com|
Posted by: "Jodi T" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|