> Apple Endive Salad With Grapefruit Dressing
APPLE ENDIVE SALAD WITH GRAPEFRUIT
4 tsp. Dijon mustard
6 tbsp. grapefruit juice
Salt and black pepper to taste
4 tbsp. safflower oil
4 tbsp. soy oil
6 med. Belgium endives
3 well flavored, crisp apples (McIntosh or Cortland)
4 lg. mint leaves, minced (optional)
1. To make the dressing, whisk the mustard with the grapefruit juice, salt and pepper until mixture is light.
2. Whisk in oils until mixture is creamy.
3. Cut ends off endive, wash well. Drain and cut into strips and julienne.
4. Core but do not peel the apples. Cut into julienne strips. Mix apples with endive and cover immediately with dressing or apples will darken.
5. Serve on individual plates and sprinkle with mint leaves. 6 servings. Enjoy.