Blood Orange and Fennel Salad
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
- 3 blood oranges ( use navel oranges if blood oranges are out-of-season)
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Use a sharp knife to remove orange peel.
- Cut oranges into segments, removing all the white pith.
- Slice end from fennel and remove shoots from top (reserve shoots).
- If exterior of fennel bulb is marred or discoloured, peel with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut in half and thinly slice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, basil, garlic, salt and pepper; then whisk in oil.
- Arrange fennel slices and orange segments on individual serving dishes.
- Drizzle dressing over salads and garnish with reserved fennel fronds.
Posted by: Rhonda <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|