Spicy Cabbage Salad With Fish Sauce Dressing
- 4 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 fresh red bird's eye chili peppers, seeded and diced (see note above)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh juice from 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar, plus more as needed
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, quartered, cored, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 granny smith apple, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, coaresly chopped
- 1.Combine garlic and chili one a work surface and sprinkle the 1/4 teaspoon salt on top. Using the side and back of your knife, carefully smash the garlic and chili together to create a paste (seehere under "knife-pureeing" for visuals and an explanation of the technique).
- 2.Transfer garlic-chili puree to a large mixing bowl and stir in lime juice, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Mix well, taste, and add more sugar if needed.
- 3.Add cabbage and toss to coat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 4.Mix in carrot, tomatoes, and apple. Transfer to a serving bowl or plate, top with peanuts and serve.
Source: Serious Eats
Rhonda in MO
(ask me about my groups)
Posted by: Rhonda <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*