One-Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl
Enjoy a Mexican favourite without the mess! Each bite is bursting with delicious burrito flavour.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can (540ml) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 uncooked chicken breasts, chopped into one-inch pieces
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- Add vegetable oil to a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, tomatoes, red pepper, yellow pepper, salt and pepper. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring often.
- Add tomato paste and taco seasoning. Cook an additional minute, stirring often.
- Add chicken, pinto beans, rice and water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and cilantro and serve hot.
Source: Simply Stacie
Rhonda in MO
Ask me about my groups :-)
Posted by: Rhonda Allison-Gray <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*