Washington University Dining Services Sweet Potato & Cider Bisque
Washington University is a very prestigious school in St. Louis.
Yield: 10 cups
1/3 cup 80-20 canola-olive oil blend
1-1/4 cups peeled and diced carrot
1 cup diced fennel
3/4 cup peeled and diced onion
3/4 cup diced celery
2-1/2 tablespoons diced jalapeño
2-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
3/8 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cups peeled and diced sweet potato
5 cups vegetable stock
3/4 cup apple cider
2-1/2 cups heavy cream
Finely chopped fresh chives, for garnish
1. Before starting to cook, prep vegetables.
2. In a large, heavy pot such as a Dutch oven, heat oil on medium high until shimmery. Stir in carrot, fennel, onion, celery, jalapeno and salt; sauté until soft and slightly caramelized, stirring often. Stir in cinnamon and cook 1 minute.
3. Stir in sweet potatoes, vegetable stock and apple cider. Bring to a boil.
4. As soon as sweet potatoes begin to cook, stir in cream. Return to a boil, reduce heat to maintain a slow simmer until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
5. Remove from heat and let soup cool a bit. With an immersion blender, puree until very smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning.
6. To serve, ladle into bowls, scatter with chives.
Per serving: 348 calories; 30g fat; 14g saturated fat; 82mg cholesterol; 3g protein; 20g carbohydrate; 8g sugar; 3g fiber; 1,044mg sodium; 75mg calcium.
As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.
Appreciate what you have.
Be thankful and stop complaining.
Live more, complain less.
Have more smiles, less stress.
Posted by: "Jodi T" <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|