Old-Fashioned Corn Chowder
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
If you're a fan of rich and creamy soups that don't take a lot of work, you're in luck. Our Old-Fashioned Corn Chowder is so simple to make and tastes so good, your gang'll think you spent all day in the kitchen!
What You'll Need:
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 2 (14.75-ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, let cool, then crumble and set aside.
- Over medium heat, cook onion in bacon drippings 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender, stirring constantly. Add potatoes and water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 18 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Stir remaining ingredients into potato mixture; cook until thoroughly heated, stirring often. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with bacon, and serve immediately.
Source: Mr. Food
Rhonda in MO
Ask me about my groups :-)
Posted by: Rhonda Allison-Gray <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*