Vegetable Tortellini Soup
This flavorful Vegetable Tortellini Soup pairs fresh veggies and herbs with whole wheat three cheese tortellini to create a flavorful addition to any lunch or dinner that will please family and friends. It's great alone as a light lunch, too!
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup sliced leek (white part only) or chopped onion
1/2 cup sliced celery
Salt and ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 cans (14 ounces each) low-sodium vegetable broth
3 cups water
1 large carrot, peeled and sliced into circles
1 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise then sliced crosswise
1 cup fresh or frozen peas or green beans
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated 100% Whole Wheat Three Cheese
Tortellini or Spinach Cheese Tortellini
1/4 cup (0.75 ounce) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leek and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds.
- Add vegetable broth, water, carrot, zucchini, peas and 1 tablespoon parsley. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Add pasta; bring to a boil. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Season with ground black pepper.
- Top with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley and cheese before serving.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Nestlé® and meals.com.
Posted by: Rhonda Allison-Gray <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|