Sweet Potato Chicken Chili
I am a serious chili fanatic. Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall - the time is always right for chili.
1 boneless skinless chicken breast (about 6-8 ounces), chopped into bite-size pieces (thighs would work, too)
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, any color, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 heaping tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 (6-ounce) can of tomato paste
3 cups of diced sweet potato (about 1 large potato)
1 (14.5-ounce) can of diced tomatoes
2 (15-ounce) cans of black beans, drained but not rinsed
2 cups of water
ground black pepper
1. Season the chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper. In a Dutch oven or other large pan, sauté the chicken in 1 tablespoon of the oil. When it is lightly browned, remove with a slotted spoon to a plate, and set aside.
2. Add 1 more tablespoon of oil, and sauté the onions and bell pepper for 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
3. Stir the spices and tomato paste into the vegetables, and continue to sauté for another minute, to wake up the flavor of the spices, and sweeten the flavor of the tomato paste.
4. Add the sweet potatoes, beans, diced tomatoes and water to the pot and then stir everything until combined. Taste and adjust salt and pepper, then add the chicken back into the chili.
5. Cover with a lid (slightly ajar) and allow the chili to simmer on medium-low heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Before serving, taste and adjust seasonings. Serve with any toppings you like.
As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.
Appreciate what you have.
Be thankful and stop complaining.
Live more, complain less.
Have more smiles, less stress.
Posted by: "Jodi T" <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|