Hearty Minestrone Soup
There is nothing cozier than a homemade bowl of warm, delicious soup! Cooler fall temperatures have arrived and this Hearty Minestrone Soup is the perfect meal to help warm you up. This vegetarian classic is packed with protein and nutritious vegetables, the perfect one-pot meal to prepare for your family.
Shop at Dollar Tree – Here's What You'll Need:
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil or Canola Oil
- 1 Large Onion, Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Stalks Celery, Diced
- 1 Large Carrot, Diced
- 1½ Cups Fresh (or Canned) Trimmed Green Beans
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 28-oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
- 14-oz. Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 15-oz. Can Kidney Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Cup Elbow Pasta
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Large Cooking Pot
- Wooden Spoon
- Soup Bowls
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the diced onion and garlic powder, and cook until the onion is translucent (see image #1).
- Add the celery and carrot, and cook until they begin to soften (see image #2).
- Stir in the green beans, dried oregano, salt, and pepper, and cook for five more minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes and chicken broth to the pot and bring to a boil (see image #3). Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the kidney beans and pasta and cook for another 10 minutes (see image #4).
- Serve hot in soup bowls and top with parmesan cheese!
Posted by: Rhonda Allison-Gray <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|