Asian Ramen Noodle Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 20 minutes
Yield: 10 Servings
1/4 cup of slivered almonds
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1/2 cup sugar
1 14 ounce package prepackaged Cole slaw mix
1 12 ounce package of prepackaged broccoli slaw mix (we've also done it with two broccoli slaw mixes)
2 packages of Ramen Noodles (either beef or oriental flavor, we've used both and like them equally)
1/4 cup seeded sesame seeds (or raw peanuts work well too)
1. Preheat oven to 300ºF.
2. Place almonds onto a prepared baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes until almonds are fragrant but not golden. Remove and set aside.
3. While almonds are baking, make dressing. Combine olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce & sugar into a medium bowl and whisk until sugar is dissolved and well mixed. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl mix together the broccoli slaw and Cole slaw together.
5. Before opening the ramen noodle packages, break noodles into small pieces no bigger than 1/2 inch. Open and dump into slaw mix - reserving seasoning packets.
6. Add cooled almonds and sesame seeds to slaw mix and mix well.
7. Pour reserved seasoning packet contents into your dressing and mix again.
8. Pour entire dressing over slaw mixture and mix well.
9. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Serve chilled.
10. Note: I like to mix my salad again after 2 hours to make sure sauce stays evenly distributed.
As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.
Appreciate what you have.
Be thankful and stop complaining.
Live more, complain less.
Have more smiles, less stress.
Posted by: "Jodi T" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|