Bacon and Cheese Cornbread Salad
Be the hit of your next potluck with this recipe for Bacon and Cheese Cornbread Salad. Bacon, cheese, and cornbread come together in a delicious, easy, make-ahead dish that is perfect for practically any warm weather gathering. This easy salad recipe features chunks of cheesy Southern cornbread that have been tossed with fresh vegetables and creamy dressing. Bring this crowd-pleasing Bacon and Cheese Cornbread Salad to your next potluck, picnic, or cookout and it is guaranteed to disappear in a flash.
· 2 (6 ounce) packages cornbread mix, plus any additional ingredients called for on the package
· 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra for garnish
· 1/2 of a sweet onion (such as Vidalia), diced
· 1 green bell pepper, diced
· 2 ribs celery, diced
· 1 (16 ounce) jar mayonnaise
· 1 teaspoon garlic salt
· 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
· 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
· Optional: chopped fresh chives for garnish
1. Prepare both packages of cornbread according to package instructions, adding 1 cup of shredded cheese to the batter before baking.
2. Allow cornbread to cool completely. Crumble into large pieces over a very large bowl.
3. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, mayonnaise, garlic salt, and tomatoes to the bowl. Stir gently until completely combined.
4. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Just before serving, top with crumbled bacon, additional cheese, and fresh chives.
As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.
Appreciate what you have.
Be thankful and stop complaining.
Live more, complain less.
Have more smiles, less stress.
Posted by: "Jodi T" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|