Creamy Cheese-steak Soup with Garlic Croutons
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 pounds bottom round roast, sliced thin and cut into bite size pieces
1 large onion, chopped
8 oz mushrooms, chopped
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can beef broth
1 1/2 cups half and half
8 slices provolone cheese, shredded and divided
For the Croutons
4 slices sourdough bread
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon parsley
2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Cut sourdough bread into 1 inch pieces and place in a bowl.
2. Mix melted butter, garlic powder, salt, olive oil and parsley. Pour over bread pieces and toss to coat.
3. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and toss to coat again.
4. Lay pieces out on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until starting to toast, stirring every 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, make the soup:
6. Heat olive oil in large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef just until pink is gone, about 3-4 minutes, then remove to a bowl and set aside.
7. In same pot, melt butter then add onion and mushrooms.
8. Cook a few minutes, or until the onions are soft.
9. Add flour and stir and cook for 1 minute.
10. Slowly add the beef broth, stirring constantly to avoid clumps.
11. Add half and half, stir and cook until heated through then add the beef back to the pot.
12. Add about 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese, and stir until melted.
13. Serve warm with garlic croutons and more of the shredded cheese
As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.
Appreciate what you have.
Be thankful and stop complaining.
Live more, complain less.
Have more smiles, less stress.
Posted by: "Jodi T" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|