Saturday, July 9, 2011

{soups-salads-and-salad-dressings} Bacon Cheeseburger Spaghetti Recipe

 

Bacon Cheeseburger Spaghetti Recipe


"I run a daycare center and it's always hard to find different foods that the kids will actually eat. I spruced up a variation of this simple and quick recipe to my tastes, and now the kids (and my husband) request it all the time!" Nichelle Nell - Isle, Minnesota

This recipe is:

Contest Winning

Quick



    6 Servings
    Prep/Total Time: 30 min.


Ingredients

    10 ounces uncooked spaghetti
    1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
    2/3 cup chopped onion
    6 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, chopped
    1-1/2 cups ketchup
    1 cup chopped dill pickles
    1 cup barbecue sauce
    1/2 cup prepared mustard
    2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese


Directions

    Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the bacon, ketchup, pickles, barbecue sauce and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain spaghetti; stir into meat mixture.
    Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.


Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 567 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 2,026 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.




Bacon Cheeseburger Spaghetti published in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p35




Tip

Storing Pasta

I store all my pastas in canning jars rather than the opened boxes. The pasta stays fresher, and the jars stack nicely, too, conserving pantry space. When I'm preparing my grocery list, I can see what I need at a glance. —Laurie S., Gettysburg, Pennsylvania








             Beth Layman  :)


GH:Anna,Robert & Robin Scorpio(Drake) Fan Forever
My Scorpio-Devane-Drake Clan

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment