Friday, January 27, 2012

{soups-salads-and-salad-dressings} Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe #3

 

Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe



When my husband and I were married 12 years ago, my mother gave me a cookbook she created of my favorite recipes. This creamy dish was among them. Now it's popular with my family. I often take it to carry-in suppers. -Paige Buckingham Lawrence, Kansas

This recipe is:

Contest Winning




    Prep: 30 min.
    Bake: 40 min.
    Yield: 4-6 Servings


Ingredients

    6 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds) , peeled and cut into chunks
    1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
    1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
    Salt and pepper to taste
    1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Directions

    Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash potatoes. Stir in the onion dip, cottage cheese, salt and pepper.
    Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.



Originally published as Cheesy Potato Casserole in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p32




             Beth Layman  :)


GH:Anna,Robert & Robin Scorpio(Drake) Fan Forever
My Scorpio-Devane-Drake Clan

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment