Roasted Tomato Pepper Prawn Soup with King Nagas
- 1 pound large tomatoes
- 2 poblano peppers
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1-2 King Naga chili peppers
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 20 ounces chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 3/4 pounds large prawns, thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Lime zest
- Queso Fresco for topping
- Set oven to broil.
- Slice tomatoes and chili peppers in half lengthwise and set onto large baking sheets that have been lightly oiled.
- Wrap garlic cloves in aluminum foil.
- Broil the tomatoes 10 minutes until they are charred and skins are loose. Remove and cool slightly.
- Broil the King Nagas along with the tomatoes until skins are charred, 10 minutes and remove.
- Broil poblanos and jalapenos 15-20 minutes until skins are charred and loosened. Remove from heat and cover with aluminum foil to slightly steam. This will help loosen the skins.
- Bake garlic in the bottom of the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and peel. Chop.
- Remove skins from tomatoes and add to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Remove skins from chili peppers and chop. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and add onion with olive oil. Cook about 5 minutes, or until onion softens.
- Add pureed tomatoes and stir. Add garlic, chili peppers, garlic, Cajun seasonings and stir. Cook about 10 minutes to thicken.
- Add chicken stock and cover. Reduce heat and simmer about 15-20 minutes to slightly reduce.
- Add prawns and cook about 2-3 minutes, or until prawns are cooked through.
- Serve soup in bowls and top with lime zest, cilantro and crumbled queso fresco.
Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*