Shanghai Noodle Salad
Recipe By:Tina Kauffman
"Tangy, addictive, Asian pasta salad. Great for lunch boxes! Instead of chili flakes, you can add 1/4 teaspoon of chili paste to the whisked dressing ingredients."
- 1 pound fresh thick Chinese wheat noodles
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 small zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the Chinese noodles, and return to a boil. Cook the noodles uncovered, stirring occasionally, until they have cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink. Rinse the noodles with cold water several times to chill, then drain again.
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together the ketchup, sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, kosher salt, and lime juice until the brown sugar has dissolved. Place the noodles, green onion, carrots, zucchini, red pepper, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes into the bowl, and gently toss to thoroughly mix the salad and coat with dressing. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Rhonda in MO
Ask me about my groups :-)
Posted by: Rhonda Allison-Gray <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*