BERRY SALAD WITH ALMOND-CRANBERRY CRUSTED GOAT CHEESE
This beautiful Spring Berry Salad with Almond-Cranberry Crusted Goat Cheese is studded with strawberries and served over baby greens, but you can use any seasonal berries or a combination of berries instead. Serve this salad alone or alongside grilled chicken or fish.
For the Almond-Goat Cheese Balls:
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons chopped craisins
- 4 oz soft goat cheese log, cold
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 -1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1 tbsp honey
- 5 oz (8 cups) mixed baby greens
- 1- 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- Roll the cheese into 12 small balls with your hands, 1/3 oz each. In a small bowl combine the nuts and craisins. Roll the cheese in the nut mix and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a big salad bowl and toss with dressing or you can divide the ingredients equally between four plates.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 2 cups salad, 3 balls
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 8
- Points +: 7
- Calories: 239
- Total Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Sodium: 126mg
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 12g
- Protein: 7.5g
Source: Skinny Taste
Rhonda in MO
Ask me about my groups :-)
Posted by: Rhonda Allison-Gray <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*