Friday, May 19, 2017

{soups-salads-and-salad-dressings} Potato, Corn & Chicken Soup

 

Sorry the recipes are late.  My beautician called this morning just as I was stepping out of the shower, saying she wrote my time down wrong, could I come right away.  SIGH!  I flew there, then went to work, got everything stocked and squared away, THEN put on my makeup, worked all day (last day of school) then went to Wal-Mart for Oreo pie crusts for our Concrete pies, then home to bake brownies for our specialty sundae we make!  WHEW!  I am READY for school to be out so the girls can work instead of me!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sarah is going to show up here bright and early wanting to “help” me organize our basement!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the last few years, she’s been “clean sweeping” our house when we’re in FL and I can’t find things for 6 months without calling her.  She just doesn’t seem to realize that a almost 70 year old has different priorities than a 40-something in WHERE things are stored and which things to keep and which to toss.  She’s one of those people who, if she hasn’t used it in 6 months, it’s gone.  I’m not a pack rat at all, but I’m sentimental!  Drives me crazy!

I’m taking a Tri-pod German Shepherd female on a transport tomorrow.  She’s stunning.  I hope it goes well. 

Anyhow, you all have a great weekend.  I’ll see you Monday!

 

I know it’s warming up in much of the US, but down under, it’s fall and getting cooler.  I personally can eat soup year round.  In fact, I’m having a home made ramen concoction for lunch today while working.  It’s easy to warm up in the microwave.

Comments belong to the blogger.

Potato, Corn & Chicken Soup

Ingredients:

1 chicken breast

1 pound potatoes (starchy)

2 ears of corn

1 large onion

1 large garlic clove

8 cups water

2 chicken bouillon cubes

pepper & salt

2 Tbsp. butter

 

Directions:

* This soup is creamy without being really thick and dense. If you want to turn it into a thicker, richer, soup you can either use more potatoes or less water. Your call.

Like I’d really shoot a recipe without onions! Chop it (or them) and grate the garlic.

Remove the corn from the husk and clean it up under rinsing water making sure you remove all the silk. Clean corn is happy corn! Yes, it’s true. Slice off the kernels.

Peel the potatoes, slice them into tiny cubes and store them in cold water until we’ll use them.

Here I was thawing out a chicken breast that I cut up in four pieces. You could also use a fryer for this, but you’d have to let it simmer longer.

Heat a little butter.

Just kidding, guys! Oh come on, let have my kicks.

Heat about 2 Tbsp. butter and sauté the onion until translucent, 5 minutes or so. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.

Pour in the water, add the bouillon cubes (yes, these are MSG free), the chicken and a pinch of salt. bring it to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes, until the chicken is tender.

Remove the chicken from the pan and let them cool off a bit.

Add the potatoes to the broth, bring it to a boil, pop the lid on and let it cook for 10 minutes.

Then it’s time for your corn. Cook it for another 10 minutes again (with lid). We want the potatoes and corn to be really soft.

Gives you time to shred the chicken. Try not to eat too much, okay!

If you want to take out some corn and or potatoes for garnish, now is the time to do that.

After those 10 minutes it’s time to do some blitzing. Use your immersion blender, food processor or blender.

Season with salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to add some fresh or dried herbs. I tend to like this soup ‘pure’.

Add the chicken and give the soup another 5 to 10 minutes without the lid.

I would be lying if I said a nice dollop sour cream didn’t finish this soup beautifully. So you have my blessing!

 

As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.

Appreciate what you have.

Be thankful and stop complaining.

Live more, complain less.

Have more smiles, less stress.

from_the_kitchen-subscribe@yahoogroups.com  

recipes_sharing-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

TheKittyKonnection-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

lindasplaceincyberspace-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Jodi Thompson" <tigger63755@charter.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment