Creamy Broccoli, Avocado, and Berry Salad
Servings: 6 as a side
- 4 cups rounded chopped broccoli ~2 heads
- 1 cups and 1/2 sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 large and ripe avocado
- Other optional toppings: candied walnuts or almonds chopped mango, blackberries, blueberries, feta cheese
- 1/2 cup creamy poppyseed dressing*
- 1/4 cup raspberry walnut vinaigrette
- Remove the stems from the broccoli and cut into very small pieces. Fill up a bowl with very cold water and a few cupfuls of ice.
- Bring a pot of water to boiling point. Add in a heaping tablespoon of salt.
- Pour the broccoli into the boiling water and count to 30. As soon as you get to 30 drain the broccoli and pour the broccoli into your prepared ice/water bath.
- Allow the broccoli to sit in the cold water until completely cooled. Then remove with a slotted spoon to a salad spinner or bowl.
- Make sure the broccoli is 100% dried before tossing it with anything else (especially the dressing).
- Slice the strawberries. Remove the peel and pit of the avocado and chop.
- In a large bowl, mix together the broccoli, strawberries, raspberries, and avocado. Add any other toppings as desired.
- Right before serving, whisk together the poppyseed dressing and the raspberry vinaigrette. Pour over the salad. (If desired, add more of both dressings to personal preference of an extra dressed salad).
- Serve immediately.
*The last paragraph of the post links to images of the exact dressings I used and highly recommend.
Source: Chelsea's Messy Apron
Rhonda in MO
Ask me about my groups :-)
Posted by: Rhonda Allison-Gray <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*