Toasted Balsamic Chicken Salad Sandwich
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 10 minutes
Balsamic chicken salad always makes a family favorite meal and this version as an easy, yet flavorful balsamic chicken sandwich is out of this world!
Author: Robyn Stone
· For the balsamic chicken:
· 2-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
· 1/2 cup chicken broth
· 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
· 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
· 2 teaspoons soy sauce
· 2 teaspoons honey
· pinch red pepper flakes
· 2 cloves garlic, chopped
· For the sandwich:
· 4 ounces cream cheese
· 6 large croissants, halved and toasted
· 1 cup fresh spinach
· 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
1. Place all ingredients for the balsamic chicken (through garlic) into insert of slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Remove chicken from insert and pour balsamic sauce into a small sauce pan over medium heat. Cook until reduced by half, about 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350º F.
3. Break apart chicken into large chunks and mix together with cream cheese and about 1/4 cup of reduced balsamic sauce. Set aside.
4. Layer spinach, prepared balsamic chicken salad, and cheese. Place into oven for 5 minutes or until cheese has begun to melt. Drizzle with more balsamic sauce, if desired. Remove from oven and top with other half of toasted croissant.
Store any remaining balsamic sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.
Appreciate what you have.
Be thankful and stop complaining.
Live more, complain less.
Have more smiles, less stress.
Posted by: "Jodi T" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|