Sunday, October 2, 2011

{soups-salads-and-salad-dressings} Cabbage Roll Soup 

 

I made this soup today with a couple of alterations and it was DELICIOUS !! 
Its definately one I am going to be makeing a lot this fall and winter.   I wanted smaller pieces of cabbage, so I chopped it much smaller than the wedges the recipe calls for.  And I had no rice, so I didnt add  rice.  I used a can of chicken broth instead of the water  ( I imagine you can use beef broth too ) the broth gives a richer fuller flavor than adding plain water when you make any kind of soup, I have found out .... and I added a tsp of sugar to cut the acid of the tomato sauce .  I used chili powder and that gave it an awesome flavor ..I didnt have chili pepper and the instructions said chili powder , so maybe thats what its supposed to be.  I got a 4lb cabbage and thought it was going to be way too much cabbage as I added it to the pot .. but it cooks down to add to the liquid and a whole cabbage is definately what they mean even though it seems a lot before it cooks down. 

Maryann


Colder weather is comming .. and This sounded so good, so I thought Id share the recipe


Cabbage Roll Soup 

1 lb. hamburger
1 onion
2 cans (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1/4 c. minute rice
1 cabbage
2 cans (8 oz. each) water
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3/4 tsp. chili pepper

Brown hamburger and onion. Add tomato sauce, rice, water, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Cut cabbage in eighths and add. Cook in large pot on stove top until cabbage is tender.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment