Today (and the last two days) have been blessedly “stay-at-home” days for me. I got so much done. That is always a good feeling. I need to do more laundry, but have no fabric softener. I think I’ll run to the Dollar Tree (5 blocks away) for a small bottle to tide me over.
I got my new iPhone Friday, but they were out of stock on the iPad mini. It’s on order. I’m gradually ridding my basement of its clutter. As soon as my cleaning lady can borrow some muscles and a truck, she’s coming to take away a sectional, a dresser and a particleboard armoire. Then I just need to tackle the nostalgia! I’ve already gotten rid of several things through either Freecycle or sell-it-SEMO! You all have a great Monday. See you tomorrow.
Beef Stroganoff Soup (This looks like something I’d like)
Prep Time; 10 minutes
Cook Time; 20 minutes
Total Time; 30 minutes
This Beef Stroganoff Soup takes all the rich and delicious flavors of Beef Stroganoff and transforms them into a one-pot 30-minute soup, full of tender beef and loads of noodles.
Calories: 284 kcal
· 1 Tbsp. olive oil
· 1 Tbsp. butter unsalted
· 1 lb. beef sirloin cut into thin strips
· salt and pepper to taste
· 1 large onion chopped
· 2 cloves garlic minced
· 8 oz. cremini mushrooms stems trimmed and sliced
· 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
· 1 tsp. smoked paprika
· 8 cups beef broth low sodium
· 4 oz. egg noodles dry
· 1/2 cup sour cream
· 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
1. In a large Dutch oven add the olive oil and butter and heat over medium-high heat. Add the beef sirloin pieces and generously season with salt and pepper. Cook until the meat is slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon transfer the meat to a plate.
2. Add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, stir and sauté until the vegetables soften, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and the bee broth. Stir everything together, bring to a boil then add the beef back to the pot. Stir in the noodles and cook for about 8 minutes or until the noodles are cooked to your liking.
4. In a small bowl whisk the sour cream together with about 1/2 cup of the hot soup then pour back into the pot and stir. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as necessary.
5. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Beef Stroganoff Soup
Amount Per Serving (504 g)
Calories 284Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11.9g; Saturated Fat 4.836g; Trans Fat 0.246g; Polyunsaturated Fat 0.991g; Monounsaturated Fat 4.793g; Cholesterol 72mg; Sodium 1361mg; Potassium 714mg; Total Carbohydrates 19.35g;
Dietary Fiber 1.6g; Sugars 2.36g; Protein 24.47g.
As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.
Appreciate what you have.
Be thankful and stop complaining.
Live more, complain less.
Have more smiles, less stress.
Posted by: "Jodi Thompson" <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|