Slow cooker hot and sour soup with kale
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, cleaned and sliced thin
- 4-6 ounces firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 ounces thin-sliced bamboo shoots
- 3 cups kale, cleaned, stems removed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, more to taste
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic-chili paste (or 1 garlic clove, minced and 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- Fresh chopped cilantro (optional) as garnish
- Add the vegetable broth and water to a slow cooker set to high. Add the mushrooms, tofu, bamboo shoots and kale.
- Add the rice vinegar, soy sauce and garlic-chili paste to the mixture. Stir to combine, while keeping the kale at the top of the surface.
- Cook on the high setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Just before the soup is finished, add the toasted sesame oil, and whisk in the cornstarch mixture a little at a time.
- Cook on high for 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Serve hot in individual bowls.
- Garnish with a few pieces of cilantro, if desired.
Settle in for a flavorful bowl of soup!
Source: Fabulous Food
Rhonda in MO
Posted by: Rhonda <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*