BBQ Joint Stew
From my new (Old) cookbook Come Home to Supper [only available online from Amazon, etc.] from Christy Jordan
· 1 bottle BBQ sauce
· 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
· 1-2 cups baby lima beans (or whatever beans you want to use)
· 1 whole fryer
· 3-4 medium sized potatoes, peeled and chopped (use more potatoes if you need stew to go further)
· 1 onion, chopped
· salt and pepper to taste (I start with a teaspoon of each but always end up adding twice that!)
1. Place fryer in stock pot and cover with water. Add chopped onion. Cook over medium heat for about an hour, or until fully done and fall apart tender. Remove chicken from stock and set aside to cool. Add all other ingredients to stock and stir well. Debone and shred chicken and add back to pot. Add in Salt and Pepper. Bring to a low boil and reduce heat to simmer, stirring often, for about half an hour or until vegetables are fully cooked. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed (I like a LOT of pepper in mine).
2. *This is excellent with a bit of hot sauce.
As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.
Appreciate what you have.
Be thankful and stop complaining.
Live more, complain less.
Have more smiles, less stress.
Posted by: "Jodi Thompson" <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|