Blood Orange and Fennel Salad
Photo by NewEnglandCook
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
"Untried by me; posted in response to a request for fennel recipes :-)"
- 3 blood oranges ( use navel oranges if blood oranges are out-of-season)
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Use a sharp knife to remove orange peel.
- Cut oranges into segments, removing all the white pith.
- Slice end from fennel and remove shoots from top (reserve shoots).
- If exterior of fennel bulb is marred or discoloured, peel with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut in half and thinly slice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, basil, garlic, salt and pepper; then whisk in oil.
- Arrange fennel slices and orange segments on individual serving dishes.
- Drizzle dressing over salads and garnish with reserved fennel fronds.
Rhonda in MO
Posted by: Rhonda <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*