CROCK POT CHICKEN TACO SOUP
Recipes don’t get much easier than this! Even better, this Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup has a delicious flavor that will have everyone coming back for more!
Is your week hectic? Are you not feeling up to par, but need to feed your family? That is exactly where I was when I saw this Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup in Gooseberry Patch’s Slow Cooker to the Rescue. I was down with the flu, but my family needed to survive on more than the chicken noodle soup and crackers that I was living on. This yummy soup was the perfect, easy recipe to feed my family without much energy needed from me.
INGREDIENTS FOR CROCK POT CHICKEN TACO SOUP
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours
Total Time: 5 hours 5 minutes
1 onion chopped
16 oz can chili beans undrained
15 oz can black beans undrained
15 oz can corn undrained
2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chiles undrained
8 oz can tomato sauce
12 oz can beer or non-alcoholic beer
1 oz package taco seasoning mix
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
shredded Cheddar cheese garnish
crushed tortilla chips garnish
sour cream garnish
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TACO SOUP IN A CROCK POT
1. Put your onions, beans, corn, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and beer (everything is undrained) in your crock pot and mix well
2. Add your taco seasoning and stir well
3. Place your chicken breasts on top and push them gently into your soup mixture until they are partially covered
4. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours
5. Take your chicken breasts out of your crock pot, shred and stir back in your crock pot
6. Cover and cook on low for another 2 hours
7. Serve topped with your shredded cheese, crushed chips and sour cream, if desired
CROCK POT CHICKEN TACO SOUP NOTES:
At first, I tried putting this all in Mr. Big, but quickly realized a 4-quart slow cooker wasn’t big enough. So I pulled out Sir Hamilton, my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker, to whip this one up. I would advise using a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
· This is a great recipe for beginners or anyone short on time.
· As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
· All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.
Appreciate what you have.
Be thankful and stop complaining.
Live more, complain less.
Have more smiles, less stress.
Posted by: "Jodi T" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|