CALIFORNIA SHRIMP CEVICHE SALAD
Yes, I know. Don’t write and tell me that Ceviche means raw fish. I didn’t name this dish. By-the-way, EVEN here in Podunk, you can fine already peeled, deveined, cooked shrimp.
TIPS ABOUT CALIFORNIA SHRIMP CEVICHE:
· Adding 8 oz crab meat or imitation crab in addition to the shrimp tastes wonderful.
· For a bit creamier version add 1/4 cup of mayonnaise. This is how I had it the first time my friend Cynthia made it and this version is wonderful laid over a fried corn tortilla.
· Not only is this California Shrimp Ceviche a guilt free appetizer when healthy chips are added, but it also can be a guilt free lunch when stuffed into a lettuce leaf. Eating it will be the most fun you have at lunch time in a long time.
California shrimp Ceviche salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
· 1 lb large cooked shrimp *roughly diced
· Juice of 2 limes
· 1 small jalapeño *diced (deseed to lower heat)
· 1/2 large red onion *finely diced about 3/4 cup
· 1 lb sugar plum tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes *diced
· 1 large English cucumbers *peeled, deseeded & diced
· 1 bunch cilantro *finely diced
· 2 garlic cloves *diced or crushed
· 2 large Hass avocados *peeled & cut into cubes
· Salt & pepper to taste
1. Prepare all ingredients and place into a large mixing bowl. Gently mix until combined. Serve with healthy chips or stuffed into a lettuce leaf.
As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.
Appreciate what you have.
Be thankful and stop complaining.
Live more, complain less.
Have more smiles, less stress.
Posted by: "Jodi T" <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|