Deviled Egg Macaroni Pasta Salad
All the deliciousness of deviled eggs and pasta salad in one colorful side dish! This macaroni pasta salad is perfect for family gatherings and is kid friendly. One serving is never enough!
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
8 ounces large elbow macaroni
12 hard-cooked eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons country Dijon-style mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 cup chopped sweet pickle
1 1/2 cups very thinly sliced celery
Smoked paprika and/or pepper (optional)
1. In a small saucepan combine onion, vinegar and sugar. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse well with cold water; set aside.
3. Coarsely chop one egg; set aside. Halve remaining eggs; separate yolks from whites. Coarsely chop egg whites; set aside.
4. For dressing, place yolks in a medium bowl; mash with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, and onion and vinegar mixture. Gradually stir in 2 Tbsp. water, salt, paprika, and pepper. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl combine the egg whites, pickles, celery, macaroni, and dressing; toss to combine. Top with reserved egg; sprinkle with additional smoked paprika and pepper. Serve at once or cover and chill up to 6 hours.
From the Test Kitchen: If the mixture gets a little dry after storing, you can stir in a little milk.
Nutrition Facts (Deviled Egg Macaroni Pasta Salad)
Per serving: 273 kcal calories, 15 g fat, (3 g saturated fat, 6 g polyunsaturated fat, 4 g monounsaturated fat),
228 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium,
21 g carbs, 1 g fiber,
4 g sugar, 11 g protein.
• Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.
Appreciate what you have.
Be thankful and stop complaining.
Live more, complain less.
Have more smiles, less stress.
Posted by: "Jodi T" <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|