Thursday, February 16, 2017

{soups-salads-and-salad-dressings} White Bean Salad With Olives, Green Onions And Herbs

 

White Bean Salad With Olives, Green Onions And Herbs

This recipe is based on one from the Williams-Sonoma cookbook, Beans and Rice. This is the first time I have made it. I needed something a little faster than that recipe. I used canned beans instead of cooking them from scratch, small white beans instead of garbanzo beans (don't know why I didn't use canned garbanzos - cook's perogative, I guess) and I used some dried herbs to save time (never mind money) instead of chopping all of the fresh herbs that the recipe called for.

I did use some fresh since I did have some fresh rosemary, and I used fresh mint since dried doesn't come close to fresh mint. We were very pleasantly surprised with how good (to us) this was. When DH came in from work, he looked over my shoulder at the recipe and kind of scrunched up his nose. He ended up liking it a lot:-) If you don't care for olives, you could omit them but I'm not sure what the salad will taste like without them.

1 (15.5 oz.) can Goya small white beans, drained and rinsed under cold water

1/2 Tbsp. (1 1/2 tsp.) red wine vinegar

3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 Tbsp. fresh mint, minced

1 tsp. dried basil, crushed a little between my hands

1/2 tsp. dried leaf thyme, crushed a little

1 tsp. minced fresh rosemary

1/2 tsp. dried oregano, crushed a little

salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

1 1/2 Tbsp. pitted, coarsely chopped Kalamata olives

1 1/2 Tbsp. pitted coarsely chopped green olives with pimiento (Spanish olives?)

2 green onions with tops, finely chopped

Rinse the beans. Drain well. Place in a bowl. Add all other ingredients. Serve at room temperature.


__._,_.___

Posted by: pgeistfeld@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment