Potato Pimento Cheese Soup Recipe | Slow Cooker
It’s creamy, hearty & flavorful. Inspired by the popular Pimento Cheese spread, it’s sure to become a favorite!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 10 minutes
Serves: 8 servings
Studded with pimentos, this soup is creamy and hearty. It is inspired by Pimento Cheese spread so popular in the South. Serve with a salad or sandwich for an easy meal.
· 2 to 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
· 1/2 cup onion, diced
· 6 cups chicken broth or stock
· 1 cup half and half
· 3 tablespoon all purpose flour
· 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (I used a mild cheddar cheese), reserve some for garnish
· 1 (4 ounce) jar, diced pimento peppers, drained, reserve some for garnish
· salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 3/4 cup sour cream, if desired
· 4 to 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Add onion and potatoes to slow cooker.
2. Add chicken stock or broth, salt and pepper. Cook on high until soup is simmering.
3. Check potatoes. They are done when they are fork tender.
4. When potatoes are done, either mash with a potato masher or blend in a blender or immersion blender to the desired consistency. You can even puree half the mixture and leave the other half chunky, however you want is good.
5. Meanwhile, toss grated cheddar in flour to coat.
6. After you have the texture you want, add half & half, cheese/flour mixture and pimentos. Cook on medium 30 minutes until cheese is melted and soup has thickened slightly.
7. Serve with sour cream, bacon.
8. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and pimento
As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.
Appreciate what you have.
Be thankful and stop complaining.
Live more, complain less.
Have more smiles, less stress.
Posted by: "Jodi T" <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|