ZESTY CHICKEN PASTA SALAD
Zesty Chicken Pasta Salad has a subtle balance of tang to spice with red chili pepper flakes, feta, onion and garlic. Simple, fresh and easy to make, this pasta salad is perfect anytime of year.
TIPS ABOUT ZESTY CHICKEN PASTA SALAD:
· I really love the simplicity of this pasta salad but to pack even more nutrition in, add your favorite veggies. As I was making this the idea of broccoli, different colored bell peppers and tomatoes came to mind.
· The secret to perfectly cooked pasta is to boil it in plenty of heavily salted water until al dente (almost done).
· I baked a whole chicken and used half of it for this Zesty Chicken Pasta Salad but baked chicken breasts or thighs would work well also.
· I used a heaping teaspoon of red chili pepper flakes for my pasta salad. The feta really does help to balance out the spice but for just a hint of heat stick with 1/2 tsp.
· Use your favorite type of bean. I used organic adzuki beans but cannellini beans or great northern beans would work beautifully also.
· Remember to add the spinach last to prevent wilting.
Zesty chicken pasta salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 13 minutes
Total time: 23 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
· 1 lb rigatoni noodles
· 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
· 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
· 1/2-1 tsp red chili pepper flakes
· 2-3 garlic cloves *minced or crushed
· 1 cup feta
· 1/2 red onion *about 1 cup diced
· 15 oz can favorite beans
· 2-1/2-3 cups shredded cooked chicken
· 6-8 oz spinach
1. Cook pasta according to directions on package in heavily salted water to the point of al dente.
2. Meanwhile whisk together oil, vinegar, red chili pepper flakes and garlic. Stir in feta, onion and chicken. Rinse and drain beans, stir into mixture. Mix in cooked pasta. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes and stir in spinach.
*please use as many organic ingredients as possible.*
As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.
Appreciate what you have.
Be thankful and stop complaining.
Live more, complain less.
Have more smiles, less stress.
Posted by: "Jodi T" <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|