LOBSTER COBB SALAD
A classic Cobb salad with a light summer twist. If you live on the coast like me and have access to fresh lobster, this salad is a must! If you're worried about cooking a live lobster, many seafood stores will steam it for you. Crab or shrimp would also make an excellent substitution.
- 10 oz cooked, chilled lobster meat (yield from 2 – 1-1/2 lb lobsters)
- 2 cups baby greens
- 2 ounces avocado, diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup *cooked corn kernels (from 1 fresh cobb)
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- Combine the first 4 ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl and whisk well, add onions and set aside.
- Cut the lobster into large chunks. Place 1 cup greens in each bowl and top with lobster, avocado, eggs, bacon, tomatoes and corn. Drizzle 2 1/2 tbsp vinaigrette over each salad and enjoy.
*You can microwave the corn 3 minutes, grill 5 minutes or cook in boiling water for about 5 minutes.
Yield: 2 servings, Serving Size: 1 salad
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 9
- Points +: 10
- Calories: 416
- Total Fat: 23.6g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 398mg
- Sodium: 1171mg
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Protein: 41g
Posted by: Rhonda Allison-Gray <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|