Sweet Corn, Cucumber Salad
Yield: 6 servings
For the salad
4 cups sweet corn kernels (frozen or cut off cob, blanched and cooled)
2 cups diced cucumber (peeled and seeded if seeds are large)
1/2 cup diced sweet pepper of any color
1/4 cup diced sweet yellow onion
2 to 3 large fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
For the dressing
3 tablespoons pesto or amogio (recipe below)
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Notes: This salad can be made several hours up to a day in advance. It will hold several days in the refrigerator for leftovers.
• Amogio may be used fresh over pasta or meat. Keep it in the refrigerator to use as needed. It will solidify a bit in the refrigerator.
1. In a large mixing bowl, add corn, diced cucumber, pepper and onion and toss to blend. Add basil and blend.
2. Stir pesto or amogio and mayonnaise together to make the dressing.
3. Toss the vegetables with the dressing, until just coated but not dripping. This is not a heavily dressed salad.
4. Add a sprinkle of sea salt and few grinds of pepper to finish.
5. Cover and refrigerate until served.
Per serving: 155 calories; 6g fat; 1g saturated fat; 1mg cholesterol; 4g protein; 25g carbohydrate; 9g sugar; 3g fiber; 13mg sodium; 20mg calcium.
Yield: About 1 1/4 cups
3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf Italian parsley
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
2 mint leaves, finely chopped (optional)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh is better)
1/4 cup dry white wine
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Finely chop the garlic, parsley, basil and mint in a food processor or with a hand food chopper.
2. Whisk in the olive oil, lemon juice, wine. Add pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
3. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as desired.
As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.
Appreciate what you have.
Be thankful and stop complaining.
Live more, complain less.
Have more smiles, less stress.
Posted by: "Jodi T" <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|