Amish Macaroni Salad
· 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
· 1 small onion, chopped
· 3 stalks celery, chopped
· 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
· 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
· 1 small carrot, shredded
· 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
· 2 cups creamy salad dressing
· 2-1/4 teaspoons white vinegar
· white sugar to taste (1/3 – 3/4 cup)
· 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
See a Sausage Alfredo Recipe
1. Cook macaroni in a pot of lightly salted water until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Rinse under cold water, drain and cool.
2. In a large bowl, stir together macaroni, onion, celery, eggs, red pepper, carrot and relish.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the salad dressing, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and celery seed. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until well blended. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the 'Titanic' who waved
off the dessert cart. (Erma Bombeck)
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
Posted by: "Jodi T" <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (4)|