Tuesday, August 25, 2015

{soups-salads-and-salad-dressings} BBQ Chicken Salad with Sweet Potato Fries

 

BBQ Chicken Salad with Sweet Potato Fries

http://www.barefeetinthekitchen.com/2013/03/bbq-chicken-salad-with-sweet-potato-fries-recipe.html

BBQ Chicken Salad with Sweet Potato Fries has become one of my favorite lunches over the past couple years. This is a cold garden salad tossed with warm and saucy barbecue chicken then topped with crisp hot sweet potato fries and drizzled with ranch dressing. It sounded just crazy enough when I initially imagined it, I had to try it and I am so glad I did!

The first time I made this salad, I was inspired by our dinner of barbecue chicken, sweet potato fries and a tossed salad. I impulsively chopped it all up and tossed it together on my plate. I liked it so much that I made it again for lunch the next day. My oldest son liked this so much, he asked for some of my salad with his lunch the next day as well; and despite their initial doubts, my husband and brother both agree that the combination really works.

I'm telling you to trust me on this salad. Next time you have leftover chicken, pick up a bag of fries, and treat yourself to an amazing lunch in no time at all. This is a go-to favorite for me!

COOK'S NOTE: I use frozen French fries to make this salad, but you can certainly make your own from scratch. If you decide to make your own fries, be sure to slice them pretty thin, so that the salad isn't overwhelmed with big chunks of potato.

BBQ Chicken Salad with Sweet Potato Fries
Yield: 4 servings

1 pound sweet potato fries, baked according to directions
2 cups cooked chicken, diced bite-size
1 cup sweet and tangy homemade barbecue sauce, (See next recipe) or your favorite store-bought sauce
1 head romaine lettuce chopped small
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced thin
3 mini bell peppers, sliced very thin
Homemade ranch dressing, or your favorite store-bought ranch dressing

Preheat the oven for the fries and bake according to directions; I actually baked mine at higher heat (425 degrees) and for an extra 10-15 minutes to get them good and crispy. While the potatoes are baking, combine the chicken and the barbecue sauce in a small saucepan. Warm over medium low heat, stirring occasionally. When the chicken is hot, remove from the heat and cover with a lid to keep warm.

Prep the rest of the salad and layer it onto plates. When the fries are crispy, remove from the oven. Top each plate of salad with a scoop of the saucy chicken and a serving of fries. Drizzle with ranch dressing just before serving. Enjoy!

 

 

God Bless and have a GREAT DAY!

thisnthat_again-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

thisnthatnographics-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

from_the_kitchen-subscribe@yahoogroups.com 

recipes_sharing-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

TheKittyKonnection-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

lindasplaceincyberspace-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

 

Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the 'Titanic' who waved

off the dessert cart. (Erma Bombeck)

 




Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com


__._,_.___

Posted by: "Jodi T" <tigger63755@charter.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment