Thursday, March 10, 2011

{soups-salads-and-salad-dressings} soup

 

This is the soup I made for dinner. It was very good. Not quite as much cumin as I had intended. I'll make it again. It's very filling so I'm glad I didn't make grilled cheese sandwiches to go with which I had thought to do earlier. I decided against it since I had a cake for dessert.
terry

Red Pepper Soup - Serves 5
Recipe By: Terry Pogue

Ingredients
1 tablespoon Olive oil
1/2 med Onion -- chopped
4 cloves Garlic -- minced
2 tablespoon Cumin -- ground
4 Red Bell Peppers Roasted or 1 jar of red peppers -- drained
4 large slices Rustic bread -- torn up a bit
5 cups Chicken broth

Instructions
Saute garlic and onion in olive oil. Add cumin and saute until fragrant. Add bell peppers and chicken broth. Simmer to combine flavors and soften onions totally. Add torn up bread and simmer until bread is very soft. Blend until smooth and silky on the tongue. Add more bread if you need to for the consistency you like. Taste and correct seasoning if needed. Serve with crisp croutons made from additional bread.
I used Chiabatta.

This was very good and quite filling.

Exported from A Cook's Books -- Recipe management for Macintosh

The new edition of
Cyberfeasts and Foodstocks
Second Helping
is available
<http://www.cyberfeasts.com/cookbook2.htm>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment