Thursday, October 28, 2010

{soups-salads-and-salad-dressings} Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe

 

Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe


A good friend made us this rich, comforting soup after the birth of our son. It was such a help to have dinner taken care of until I was back on my feet. This yummy dish is so simple to fix that now I give a pot of it (along with the recipe) to other new mothers. -Joanna Sargent, Sandy, Utah

This recipe is:

Contest Winning

Quick



    * 10-12 Servings
    * Prep/Total Time: 25 min.

Ingredients

    * 2 quarts water
    * 8 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
    * 6-1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
    * 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
    * 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
    * 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
    * Minced fresh parsley

Directions

    * In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add noodles; cook, uncovered, until tender, about 10 minutes. Do not drain. Add soup and chicken; heat through.
    * Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream. Sprinkle with minced parsley. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).


Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 218 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 980 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.


Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup published in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p29


Tip

Refrigerate Chicken Soup without Noodles

When I make my favorite chicken noodle soup, I find it tastes better if I refrigerate the soup without the noodles. When it's time to serve, I add the noodles to the amount of soup I'm going to use and cook them until tender. —Martha Dimitch, Nineveh, Indiana







             Beth Layman  :)


GH:Anna,Robert & Robin Scorpio(Drake) Fan Forever
My Scorpio-Devane-Drake Clan

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment