Thursday, October 28, 2010

{soups-salads-and-salad-dressings} 30-Minute Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe

 

30-Minute Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe


"This great soup is perfect for a cold, wintry day. It is my favorite thing to eat when I'm not feeling well; it makes me feel so much better." Lacy Waadt, Payson, Utah

This recipe is:

Quick



    * 6 Servings
    * Prep/Total Time: 30 min.

Ingredients

    * 4 cups water
    * 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Progresso ® Chicken Broth
    * 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
    * 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
    * 3/4 cup sliced celery
    * 3/4 cup sliced fresh carrots
    * 1 small onion, chopped
    * 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
    * 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
    * 1/4 teaspoon pepper
    * 3 cups uncooked egg noodles

Directions

    * In a Dutch oven, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in noodles; cook 5-7 minutes longer or until noodles and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/4 quarts).


Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 196 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 759 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.

30-Minute Chicken Noodle Soup published in Taste of Home February/March 2010, p50


Tip

Refrigerate Chicken Soup without Noodles

When I make my favorite chicken noodle soup, I find it tastes better if I refrigerate the soup without the noodles. When it's time to serve, I add the noodles to the amount of soup I'm going to use and cook them until tender. —Martha Dimitch, Nineveh, Indiana





             Beth Layman  :)


GH:Anna,Robert & Robin Scorpio(Drake) Fan Forever
My Scorpio-Devane-Drake Clan

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment