Monday, January 26, 2015

{soups-salads-and-salad-dressings} Soup

 



Pretty Low carb and very fast. David was not feeling great yesterday and wanted something light and easy on his stomach.
I made two cups of Minors chicken broth, added about 1/2 cup of diced Char Siu, 1/4 cup cooked rice ...maybe a tad more, close to a cup of broccoli slaw and a splash of soy sauce.

David liked my soup last night more than I knew. This morning he asked if I had any more of that soup? I told him no but I would make some more for him. He asked because he wanted to be sure that it would have "strawberries" (char siu) and the "black stuff" in it. (That would be red cabbage that was in the broccoli slaw). 
Too funny.

The Char Siu is great to have on hand. My Hawaiian cooking pal said the stuff to use was NOH brand. I followed directions adding a 1/2 cup water to the package. I swear it looked like raspberry jello but it does a great job. I marinated a pork tenderloin in it for a day and a half then took it out dried it off and roasted it in my toaster oven 425F convection for 20 minutes. It's really good and does not taste like jello. Fortunately it not too sweet which I was afraid of when I started. I zoomed overdo Amazon to buy some more packets of the stuff. 
I made plain rice the other day so I'm set for some fried rice with a bit of char Siu.


latest photos at http://www.flickr.com/terrypogue



__._,_.___

Posted by: Terry Pogue <tpogue@comcast.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment