Saturday, May 11, 2019

{soups-salads-and-salad-dressings} Winning Recipe: Egg Roll Noodle Bowl [Diabetic Exchanges provided]

 

My dear mother died July 8, 2015.  There is never a day STILL that I don’t think of her and long to talk to her.  She was 92 and had Alzheimer’s.  She slept most of the time before she passed and knew no one.  My sis lived nearby and visited every day.  I lived 900 miles away.  I went to visit the end of May of that year and visited with her several times.  I had called a florist ahead of time and ordered a bouquet of flowers (weeds) that she’d gone out and picked on her Wedding day back in 1945!  They didn’t have florists then or at least they couldn’t afford one.  They were Brown-eyed Susan’s and Queen Anne’s Lace.  They grow by the sides of highways here in MO.  The florist had no idea what I wanted.  I told her to just tell her supplier what she wanted.  By golly, she had the arrangement made up.   Their anniversary was July 1.  When I went to pick them up and take them to mom, the florist and I had a good laugh about my order of weeds.  I took them to mom on July 1st, showed her wedding photos and she claimed to remember.  The best part of the visit was three times on that visit, she’d open her eyes, look at me and say “Jodi!”  She knew me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a blessing God gave me!!!!!!!!  She passed one week later.  I was so grateful that I’d made that visit!  I’d planned to go the end of July when my niece and her family were visiting from England.  Jim told me he thought I needed to go sooner.  Again, SO GRATEFUL I went early and God blessed me with her knowing me.

I’m closing today with this blessing to all Mother’s from Abby’s Column.

Happy Mother's Day to mothers everywhere -- birth mothers, adoptive and foster mothers, stepmothers, grandmothers who are raising their grandchildren and dual-role dads. Orchids to all of you for the love you give each and every day!  I hope each and everyone of you have a blessed day.  See you next week. 

Jodi

 

Egg Roll Noodle Bowl from Taste of Home field editor Courtney Stultz.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/egg-roll-noodle-bowl/ 

We love Asian egg rolls, but they can be challenging to make. Simplify everything with this deconstructed egg roll in a bowl recipe made on the stovetop. —Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas

TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 minutes.

YIELD: 4 servings. (Halve for two)

Ingredients

1 tablespoon sesame oil

1/2 pound ground pork

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1 garlic clove, minced

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric

1/4 teaspoon pepper

6 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 small head)

2 large carrots, shredded (about 2 cups)

4 ounces rice noodles

3 green onions, thinly sliced

Additional soy sauce, optional

 

Directions

In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook and crumble pork until browned, 4-6 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, garlic and seasonings.. Add cabbage and carrots; cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, 4-6 minutes longer.

Cook rice noodles according to package directions; drain and immediately add to pork mixture, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with green onions. If desired, serve with additional soy sauce.

Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups: 302 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 652mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein. 

Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.

 

As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.

Appreciate what you have.

Be thankful and stop complaining.

Live more, complain less.

Have more smiles, less stress.

from_the_kitchen-subscribe@yahoogroups.com  

recipes_sharing-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

TheKittyKonnection-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

lindasplaceincyberspace-subscribe@yahoogroups.com


Virus-free. www.avast.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Jodi Thompson" <tigger63755@charter.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment