I normally don’t share recipes with a bazillion ingredients, but my sister sent this and it looks yummy!
JAPANESE SUNSHINE SALAD WITH CARROT + GINGER DRESSING
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
Author: The Clever Carrot
· 4 large handfuls of mixed greens
· 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
· 1/2 cup pineapple, thinly sliced
· 1 orange, cut into segments
· 1 cup shelled edamame
· 2 Haas avocados, sliced
Carrot + ginger dressing
· 3 Tbsp. white miso*
· 1 small carrot, peeled + sliced
· 1 heaped tsp. grated ginger
· 1/4 garlic clove
· 1 Tbsp. honey
· 2 Tbsp. mirin
· 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar (not seasoned)
· 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
· 1/4 cup vegetable or mild olive oil
· 2 Tbsp. water + more as needed
· sesame seeds
* This salad is meant for adaptations. Feel free to add more or less fruit to suite your taste.
*To make this gluten-free, be sure to look for brown-rice based white miso. Gluten-free brands include Eden Foods & South River Miso.
1. To make the salad dressing, add all of the ingredients to a blender. Process until smooth and creamy (make sure that the carrot, ginger and garlic are broken down). If the dressing is too thick, add a splash of water to loosen it up. Pour into a container and set aside. This dressing will keep for up to 1 week in the fridge.
2. Add the mixed greens, strawberries, pineapple, orange slices and edamame to a large bowl. Toss well to combine.
3. Right before serving, cut the avocado into slices and sprinkle with rice wine vinegar to prevent them from turning brown.
4. Top the salad with the avocado and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
5. Serve right away with the carrot + ginger dressing on the side.
Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the 'Titanic' who waved
off the dessert cart. (Erma Bombeck)
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
Posted by: "Jodi T" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|