Wednesday, June 26, 2019

{soups-salads-and-salad-dressings} (4th of July) Potato Salad

 

Potato Salad Recipe
Many years ago I was making potato salad with my sister in law. She asked what I did different because mine tasted so much better. She used same ingredients as I did. My mom who was a wonderful cook told me the secret to good potato salad was to cook the potatoes with the jacket (skins) on. Makes a world of difference. Also they are much easier to peel after they are cooked. The following is what I put in my salad. There are no exact measurements.

Cooked potatoes (cut in small pieces not mashed)
chopped onion
chopped pickle relish
Chopped hard boiled eggs

The dressing is just by taste:

Mayo
yellow mustard
vinegar
sugar.

Also I like to mix the potato salad while the potatoes are still warm and then put salad in frig until cold. 
Janis in Texas  



Source: Nancy's Kitchen

--
~~~~~
Rhonda in MO

__._,_.___

Posted by: Rhonda Gray <ronkaygray66@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment