Thursday, December 20, 2018

{soups-salads-and-salad-dressings} FRENCH ONION TOMATO SOUP

 

Since I’ve missed another posting or two, I owe you one.  I had an Optimist Meeting yesterday complete with fellowship and lots of door prizes, then ran to pick up a case of wine I ordered for a lovely, lovely woman who has loaned me her fancy walker before and is doing it again so I can take it to FL with us in January..  I then ran several last minute Christmas errands, bought a couple legging-fleece top outfits for the foster kids of a dear friend who at the age of 65+ has agreed to take in two great granddaughters of her gentleman friend (who’s mom is a drug addict) [Oh the horror stories those girls have told my friend]!  When I finally got home, I was so terribly exhausted, I not only didn’t do anything but make supper for Jim, (ham and eggs), I haven’t done much of anything since.  That was at 5 yesterday.  Seems like if I have a full day, I’m totally useless the next day.  I didn’t get much sleep last night.  The pain pills don’t seem to be doing much good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I DID make some scoop and bake cookies today I’d bought from a local church group that had a fund raiser.  The cookies are really good, but I needed to rest between each batch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you all remain as patient with me as you have been and keep praying for me.

 

French Onion Tomato Soup

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 35 minutes 

French Onion Tomato Soup combines two favorites in an easy to make, delicious tomato soup. Tomatoes, sweet onion, butter and broth blend together in this flavorful homemade tomato soup recipe perfect for weeknight dinner. 

Servings: 3 -4

Ingredients

1 medium sized sweet onion chopped

1 tsp minced garlic

1/2 tsp thyme

4 Tbsp. butter

2 cans Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes

1 cup beef broth

1 Tbsp. brown sugar

water

sliced baguette topped with cheese for garnish

 

Instructions

Add the onion, garlic, thyme and 1/4 cup water to a hot pan. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding an additional 3 Tbsp. water every 4-5 minutes. Onions should caramelize and turn dark brown in color.

Add in butter, tomatoes, broth and brown sugar. Cook on medium heat until bubbling, then decrease heat and simmer for 20 minutes.

Blend until smooth. Top with toasted baguette and cheese. Sprinkle with fresh basil, if desired.

 

As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.

Appreciate what you have.

Be thankful and stop complaining.

Live more, complain less.

Have more smiles, less stress.

from_the_kitchen-subscribe@yahoogroups.com  

recipes_sharing-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

TheKittyKonnection-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

lindasplaceincyberspace-subscribe@yahoogroups.com


Virus-free. www.avast.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Jodi Thompson" <tigger63755@charter.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment