Friday, October 26, 2012

{soups-salads-and-salad-dressings} Flavorful Italian Soup Recipe

 

Flavorful Italian Soup Recipe


"I first tasted a soup similar to this at a restaurant. They wouldn't give me the recipe, so I went home and created my own," recalls Shirley Taylor of Russiaville, Indiana. "I like to serve this spicy soup with biscuits, breadsticks or corn bread."

 


    Prep: 10 min.
    Cook: 45 min.
    Yield: 2 Servings


Ingredients

    1 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage link, casing removed
    1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 cup cubed peeled potatoes
    1/4 cup chopped carrot
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup canned sliced mushrooms
    1/4 teaspoon dried basil
    1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
    1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
    Dash celery seed
    Dash garlic salt
    1/3 cup broken uncooked spaghetti (2-inch pieces)


Directions

    Crumble sausage into a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Add the broth, water vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
    Add spaghetti. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes longer or until spaghetti and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.

Nutritional Analysis: 1-1/2 cups (prepared with turkey Italian sausage and reduced-sodium chicken broth) equals 213 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.


Originally published as Flavorful Italian Soup in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p46

 

Tip

Refrigerate Chicken Soup without Noodles

When I make my favorite chicken noodle soup, I find it tastes better if I refrigerate the soup without the noodles. When it's time to serve, I add the noodles to the amount of soup I'm going to  use and cook them until tender. —Martha Dimitch, Nineveh, Indiana
 
 
 
 
 
 

             Beth Layman  :)


GH:Anna,Robert & Robin Scorpio(Drake) Fan Forever
My Scorpio-Devane-Drake Clan

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment