Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
· 1 lb. ground beef
· 1 small onion, chopped
· 1 green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 tsp. ground thyme
· 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
· 1/2 tsp. salt
· 1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
· 1 (32 oz.) box chicken broth
· 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
· 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
· 2 cups broken lasagna noodles
· 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
· 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. In a large pot, brown and crumble ground beef along with the onion and bell pepper.
2. Add in garlic during the last couple of minutes of cooking so it doesn't burn.
3. Drain excess grease from the ground beef mixture.
4. Put ground beef back into the pot.
5. Stir in thyme, Italian seasoning, salt, brown sugar, chicken broth, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir well and bring mixture up to a boil.
6. Reduce heat, cover and gently simmer for about 20 minutes.
7. Then add in broken lasagna noodles.
8. You'll need about 6 whole lasagna noodles to make about 2 cups broken.
9. Simmer until noodles are tender (about 10 or so minutes).
10. Then stir in Parmesan cheese.
11. Ladle soup into bowls.
Then sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese and serve.
As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.
Appreciate what you have.
Be thankful and stop complaining.
Live more, complain less.
Have more smiles, less stress.
Posted by: "Jodi T" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (2)|