Today, it’s supposed to rain off and on. Of course, today I get my hair done. Then I’m running a bazillion errands and having lunch with my pal Cathy. Our temp in the a.m. is supposed to be in the 20’s! You all have a great day.
Crock Pot Potato & Ham Soup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours
Total time: 8 hours 10 minutes
Author: the country cook
· 3 lbs. (7 cups) little potatoes, cubed
· 3 cups diced ham
· 1 large carrot, chopped
· 1 medium onion, diced
· 2 tsp. Dried parsley
· 1 tsp. Dried thyme
· 1/2 tsp. Black pepper
· 5 cups chicken broth
· 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
· 1 cup instant potato flakes
1. In a 6 qt (or larger) slow cooker, add in potatoes, diced ham, onions and carrots.
2. Sprinkle with parsley, thyme and black pepper.
3. Pour chicken broth over mixture.
4. Cover slow cooker with the lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
5. Then, take out about 4 cups of the little potatoes and mash them up.
6. Put the mashed potatoes back into the slow cooker.
7. Pour in heavy cream and add in instant potato flakes. Stir well.
8. Put the lid back on and cook for another 15 minutes.
This is delicious served with a nice loaf of warm, crusty bread.
As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.
Appreciate what you have.
Be thankful and stop complaining.
Live more, complain less.
Have more smiles, less stress.
Posted by: "Jodi T" <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|