Tuesday, May 17, 2016

{soups-salads-and-salad-dressings} 3 INGREDIENT TOMATO TORTELLINI SOUP

 

Well, my tech visited last evening by remote control.  He told me my main problem was my outlook was at capacity.  I spent the rest of the night deleting about 12,000 emails, mostly recipes.  :-((((( 

It is terribly cool here today and rainy.  The high is supposed to only get up to 53º!   I have PT this afternoon, then my hubby and I are going to this restaurant in Cape Girardeau, where if you saw the movie “Gone Girl”, the bar scenes were shot.  The place is still called the bar and last fall when I attended the taste of home cooking school, I won a $50 gift certificate to go there.  Its an expensive place, but the GC should cover it.  Kind of nice to get taken out for a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My cleaning lady didnt show up again today, so I guess Id better be looking for a new one.  I texted and called her, but since she tends bar at night, Im sure getting up early is hard.  But!!!!!!!!!!!!  I need someone to clean my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This recipe should be great for a cold rainy day!

 

3 INGREDIENT TOMATO TORTELLINI SOUP

http://www.honeyandbirch.com/3-ingredient-tomato-tortellini-soup/

I’m such a soup person that I spend hours thinking about soup. Okay, maybe not hours each day, but I do spend a lot of time planning what soup I am going to make or eat next.

I highly suggest chicken stock over chicken broth but you can substitute broth if that is what you have on hand. The fire-roasted tomatoes, on the other hand, are a big part of the flavor of this soup. They add an extra layer of flavor that plain diced tomatoes just doesn’t carry.

For the tortellini, use any flavor – we have made it with cheese tortellini, prosciutto tortellini and mushroom tortellini. All ways were fabulous. I’m not just saying that, Mr. B will totally agree with me.

I usually just season to taste with some salt but we have also garnished with a little crushed red pepper, parmesan, and oregano. Sound like something for pizza? Well, we ordered pizza and had leftover toppings and I found them a home.

Ingredients

4 cups chicken stock

1 28 ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes (with liquid)

1 10 ounce bag of fresh tortellini

Instructions

Add the chicken stock and fire roasted tomatoes to a medium pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When at a rolling boil, turn off heat and puree with an immersion blender. When pureed, add the fresh tortellini and cook for 3-4 minutes (read the package directions.) Turn off heat and serve hot.

If you're short on time, make this soup! It only takes 15 minutes from start to finish and is full of flavor.

 

As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last.

Appreciate what you have.

Be thankful and stop complaining.

Live more, complain less.

Have more smiles, less stress.

thisnthat_again-subscribe@yahoogroups.com 

thisnthatnographics-subscribe@yahoogroups.com 

from_the_kitchen-subscribe@yahoogroups.com  

recipes_sharing-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

TheKittyKonnection-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

lindasplaceincyberspace-subscribe@yahoogroups.com  

 

 

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Jodi T" <tigger63755@charter.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!

Another Great Group of *~ Beth ~*

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment